Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Sunday 1 April 2012

March Round-up

On the 1st January 2012 I set out 6 goals for the new year. It is time to review March...

1. Learn to crochet and crochet some Christmas Decorations for next year
Again, no progress here this month, I have started some knitting projects though! Check out my Social Knitwork project - I would love to use it as a way to get to know the readers of my blog!

2. Run 6 miles
I am right on track with this aim this month! In total I have run 27.24 miles, with my longest run of 5.03 miles fulfilling my aim for March. Next month my aim is to up that to at least two runs of 5 miles in length to increase my confidence!

3. Read 25 books
I read some great books this month :) Started off with P.S. I love You - really enjoyed this book although it was very different to the film (which I love despite its ability to make me bawl like a baby) - the main difference is that the whole thing is set in Ireland rather than America. 
I travelled down to Birmingham for a day this month so had a lot of train time to read - I finished 'The Priveleges' in 2 days! For a random 99p book I really enjoyed it, it was an easy but interesting read. I liked how it jumped forward and managed to cover over 20 years in one book! 
But the best book I read this month has to be 'The Help'. The film came out in October and although I was tempted by the advert I did not go and see it in the cinema. I am glad I didn't, I thoroughly enjoyed the book and would recommend it wholeheartedly to pretty much anyone! It is an easy enough read but well written with brilliant characters. Looking forward to seeing the film when it comes onto Sky Movies.



4. Cook a new recipe every week (52 in the year) including at least 25 from different countries (we had a delicious Chinese meal to celebrate New Years Eve and I'm feeling inspired!)

Cooked 4 new recipes this month including 3 from different countries. I also created my recipe map to display the various countries my recipes have come from.

Moroccan Tagine
Shoyu Chicken


Calzones
American Burgers


5. Continue to develop this blog - more posts, series and ideas!

I have written 11 posts this month including 2 brand new tutorials (Passport cover and friendship bracelets)! 
 I have enjoyed cooking this month but look forward to doing some sewing now I am home for Easter - if only that essay would write itself!
I have also launched a brand new series - London 2012 countdown to feature Olympic themed projects every week until the Summer games begin!
So stay tuned for some more projects on the way :)





Have a Great Month


Love Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...