Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Leek and Ham Gratin


Hello my lovely readers! How are you all doing today?
It is Wednesday aka my FINAL day of lectures in 2012. This is either good (for obvious reasons) or bad because that means I have to spend the rest of the year revising or writing my assignment...but ...3 days until I go home for Christmas so I guess it all balances out really!

I really enjoyed this meal at the weekend - it is a really warming, comforting meal full of my favourite flavour combination - leek, ham and cheese!

If you omitted the ham it would make a great accompaniment for a roast dinner as well!

Speed - **
Taste - ****
Repeat - Yes 

Leek and Ham Gratin
serves 2
adapted from bbcgoodfood.com
75ml vegetable stock
140ml double cream
75ml milk
1/2 garlic clove, thinly sliced
2 baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 leek, washed and thinly sliced
2 slices of good quality ham
60g cheddar cheese, grated

1. Add stock, cream, milk and garlic to a pan and heat through and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat
2. Meanwhile, mix potatoes, leek and ham in a greased ovenproof dish
3. Pour the stock/cream mixture over the potatoes and top with cheese
4. Cook at 160C (fan) for 25-35 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the top is browning
5. Enjoy!

Have a brilliant day!

Love Rebecca

4 comments:

  1. This sounds/ looks and I imagine tastes amazing. love any sort of "gratin" so I'm off to learn a bit more about leeks and to try this sweetness out.

    Aloha,
    Following ya now from the sweet GFC blog hop. We're riding the wave of life at Local Sugar Hawaii and I'd so love it if you'd join us for the adventure.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you enjoy it! Very excited to have a follower all the way from Hawaii! Hope life is good at the moment! I am following along now too!
      I really hope you are having an awesome day!

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing. I love leeks and don't use them near enough in recipes. If you haven't already, please come link up to my weekly Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/12/farm-girl-friday-blog-fest-12.html

    My party runs until Thursday night each week and a new party starts each Friday morning.

    Happy Holidays!
    Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca,
    This looks delicious. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. This weeks party is live. I hope to see you there.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/6-crafts-and-recipes-and-wednesdays.html
    Debi @ Adorned From Above
    Joye and Myrna @ The Busy Bee's
    Linda @ With A Blast

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...