Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Thursday 13 December 2012

Christmas Cookie Swap - Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies


I have seen cookie swaps all over the blogosphere for a while now and have been keen to join in, however, living in the UK means I cannot really send baked goods all the way to the US and have them arrive in an edible state! So this cookie swap organised by Julie over at White Lights on Wednesday where we swap actual recipes was perfect!

The lovely Heather from The Mosby's in China sent me a recipe, she told me that her family don't have any cookie traditions as such but now she is married she wants to start her own - so she sent me this recipe that she has wanted to try, for Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies from the fabulous blog Two Peas And Their Pod. 

I have never made anything 'red velvet' before, nor have I ever made anything using a box mix but I was SMITTEN with these cookies! They were so yummy! The recipe itself looks a bit labour intensive but it really wasn't - it just requires a little time planning as the components need chilling before you can cook them!

I also found that my cheesecake filling had a tendency to fall out the bottom of the cookie straight after I had cooked them - to solve this, I cooled the cookies upside down and by the time they were cool, the filling had set and and it stayed put!

The cookies themselves were yummy but the hit of cream-cheese filling in the middle made them heavenly!



Thank so much Heather for sending over this recipe and if you would like to have a go as well, here is the link to the recipe on Two Peas And Their Pod.

I am looking forward to seeing what recipes other people swapped!

Love Rebecca




15 comments:

  1. Mmm these look delicious! I love red velvet cake, and this sounds like a great variation of the cake! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies look delicious!! It's hard to go wrong with red velvet and cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY!Love cake like cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would never have thought of putting a filling into the cookies. Being that we love cookies and cheesecake...we'll have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cookies are dangerous. Red velvet and cheesecake are two of my favorite things! I'm gonna have to try these =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great to have someone "across the lake" joining us! These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! How can you go wrong with red velvet and cheesecake? These are definitely going on my "have to try" list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rebecca, this is making me sooo hungry! Can we please bake together soon?! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw! They look awesome! Can't wait to make them myself!! :) So glad you liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound fantastic! I will have to put these on my "must make" list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...