Welcome to my tutorial on how to make an arrowhead friendship bracelet. This tutorial assumes a knowledge of the knots used in this type of bracelet that are taught in this tutorial on basic friendship bracelets. So please visit this link and make a simple bracelet to get used to the knots so that you are ready to make an arrowhead design.
Already caught up? Well here goes then....
3 colours of embroidery thread
1. Choose three colours. Wrap your first colour round your wrist three times then double this length before you cut the thread. Use this strand to cut your other two threads so that they are the same length
2. Line all three strands up and fold in half, tie a knot so you have a loop at the top and six strands
3. Sellotape to the table and lay out as in the picture so that the threads are symmetrical - 1 and 6 are the same colour, 2 and 5, 3 and 4.
4. Use thread 1 to make two knots on thread 2 and then two knots on thread 3 as in a basic friendship bracelet
5. Use thread 6 to make two knots n thread 5 and two on thread 4 - these are the same as the basic knots but in reverse (see bottom of page for instructions on a reverse knot). Next use thread 6 to make two knots on thread 1 (same colour thread that is left in the middle after step 4). Threads 1 and 6 should now be on opposite sides to where they started as in the picture. You should now have a complete arrowhead with two knots on either side of a centre knot.
6. Repeat this whole process starting with thread 2. Continue until bracelet is long enough to fit on your wrist.
7. To finish the bracelet off...make two plaits with the threads.
1. Lay thread 6 over thread 5
2. Bring thread 6 under thread 5, as in the picture
4. Pull tight to form loop and pull knot to top of bracelet. Make sure you form two knots on each thread.
And there you have it!
I would love to see any bracelets you make using this tutorial. What colours will you choose?