Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Friday 10 February 2012

London Cushion

I was looking through my post drafts and found this post. I meant to share it after Christmas but completely forgot! Oh well! Better late than never...

When I went to the Quilt show back in October I found this fantastic London Fabric that I instantly knew would be perfect for my brother. He used to live in London so I thought he would appreciate the fabric the most, although I am looking forward to using the spare for some accessories of my own! He has recently moved into a flat in Brussels so I thought  a cushion would be a perfect Christmas present.

The fabric is so brilliant I decided to make a simple cushion with an envelope style back. However, I couldn't shake the feeling it was missing something. I decided to give piping a go, hoping it would give the cushion some definition. I had never tried piping before so was slightly apprehensive but this tutorial on The Cottage Home was perfect! I am really pleased with the result and my brother even asked me where I had bought it which I am taking as a big thumbs up!

Love Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...