Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Chicken Biriyani Pilau

Photo source - BBC Good Food website


So tonight I cooked my new recipe of the week . . . Chicken Biryani Pilau from Good Food. Unfortunately, in my haste I forgot to take a photo of my effort so you will have to cope with the one from the website! Although mine did look very much like it was supposed so that is OK!
This meal was simple, using ingredients I had in which saved on the shopping front. It was also very easy as once everything is mixed together it can be left in the oven for half an hour (mine only took 20 minutes but I did divide the recipe by 6 to make enough for one person!).
I used mild curry powder as I do not like spicy food and its tasted really good. The only thing I would change next time would be to microwave the peas first, that way, when stirred through the pilau, they would be cooked and hot already. I found that using frozen peas seemed to cool this dish down quite quickly!

Speed - **
Taste - ****
Repeat? - Yes :)

Love Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...