I saw this tutorial for a perpetual calendar and just had to give it a go. I have an old tin full of buttons given to me by my Nana so this project seemed perfect. I mostly followed the tutorial but with a few alterations.
- I used a canvas instead of pin board as this was what I had lying around
- As I was using canvas, pins wouldn’t work so I used Velcro for all of the buttons – I used ‘no more nails’ to stick the velcro onto the canvas and the backs of the buttons
- I added buttons along the top of the calendar to indicate the day of the week
- I used brads to add detail to the month sign rather than stitching
- My buttons were not uniform in colour/size due to the fact that my buttons are generally random but I think this worked!
- I also added little calendar pieces that can be added to special days (eg. Birthday, outing, travel)
|Envelopes on the back hold the spares|