Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Thursday 13 October 2011

Palace Purse

Full outfit
This month I am visiting St James Palace London in order to collect my Gold Duke of Edinburgh award. My mum and I have done the dress shopping, bought the jacket, sorted shoes and the only thing missing was the bag! I decided to attempt to make one and see whether I thought it would be good enough for such an occasion.
The fabric I used was black cord salvaged from a pair of my dads trousers that were destined for a charity shop. I used the fabric from half of one leg (so still have loads left for future projects!)

Inspired by these bags on Sew Mama Sew I sized my bag up (based on what I needed it to carry) and made the bag using two trapeziums of cord, two of interfacing and two of floral lining fabric. I used 1m of thin silver chain for the handle and two strips of lace (one for each side) to decorate the bag. The bag is closed with a magnetic clasp and a decorative button on the outside. I am really pleased with the result which took me a morning to make (due to the necessity to hand stitch the lace into place!). So what do you think? Worthy of the palace?


Clutch purse

Love Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...