Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Sunday 18 September 2011

Re-Fashion Messenger Bag

I bought this small bag for £2 from my local Charity shop with the hopes of transforming it from the drab, boring bag it appears.

I have always wanted to make a travel bag with patches from places I have been. But the only patches I have collected are already sewn on my travel holdall so I designed my own. Using photographs I had taken whilst in Euope for 5 weeks in 2010 as a base, I added the name of the place in various fonts to create my own travel patch on powerpoint. I then printed these out on iron-on transfer paper and transferred the images to fabric. In order to get the effect of an authentic travel patch I used zigzag stitching on the sewing machine to secure the pictures to the bag.

To complete the look I purchased two custom 'I Heart Badges' with places that I have visited. The bag was still missing something so I raided my button tin - this I inherited from my Nana who used to save the buttons from everything - and found three perfect buttons. Finally I made a key ring to hang from the scap from 4 wooden beads. Three I left brown but the fourth was painted to look like the earth in order to fit with the travel theme.

So there you have it. One tired messenger bag upgraded to a travel patch bag!



Love Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...