So yesterday I shared with you the cupcakes that my Mum and I made in our 'war' last week. Today I am going to show you how I made the Tangled Tower Cupcake Stand, in case anyone fancies having a go themselves! I didn't take too many photos as I was making it but hopefully the ones I did take will allow you to follow how to make it! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Pringles tube (empty of course!)
(I used an 'Oat so Simple' tub)
Two cardboard circles
(I used two tiers from a store bought cupcake stand)
Green Tissue Paper
A4 sheet of Grey Card
1. Draw round the pringles tube in the centre of the cardboard circles, cut the circle out of the middle. You should now have a cardboard ring. Make sure it fits over the top of the tube.
2. With a pen, mark around the tube where you would like the shelves to sit. My bottom tier was 4 cm from the base. Using a nail and a hammer, make 4 holes on each line (try to match them up so you have too pairs that are in line - think like you are marking 12, 3, 6 and 9 on a clock).
I placed the nail in place and gently hammered it to create the hole.
3. Poke the skewers through the holes so you have 4 supports at each level. I poked one skewer in whole and had to cut the other in half poking one half through each hole - this will depend on your holes so play around until you get it to work.
5. Now your structure is complete, it is time to decorate.
Cover the tiers in green tissue papers strips, making sure to cover the whole surface. Paint the pringles tube and the cylinder container with grey paint. Mine took 3 coats. Using a darker grey, paint brick lines all the way up the tower, including a window in the top cylinder.
6. Insert the bottom skewers and add the bottom shelf. I sellotaped the skewers to the bottom of the shelf for extra support. Repeat with the second shelf.
7. Next assemble the tower. I used a glue gun to attach the top of the tower to the pringles tube. Cut a circle out of the grey card and cut a slit to the centre. Curve it round to form a cone and sellotape. Affix to the top of the tower.
8. Add your cupcakes!
Hope you have a great weekend!