Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Wednesday 19 December 2012

Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs


Good afternoon! How are you this wet and windy Wednesday before Christmas?
I have just got back from a fun lunch with one of my best friends, we exchanged gifts and had a good catchup! She is one of those friends who completely knows me and the fabulous presents she gave me (more about those at the weekend) are perfect! I am so excited! 
Now I am home, warm and dry, sat next to the tree with calming music in the background feeling very chilled!
I am at home now and last night I cooked this dish for my parents. I adapted it slightly as we had no lemon, so I substituted a lime, and d'you know what? It actually 100% made the dish! Don't you just love it when that happens! So I am sharing with you my lime version of these yummy baked chicken meatballs.


Taste - ****
Speed - ****
Repeat - Yes


Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
serves 4
adapted from Good Food magazine January 2013
1 shallot, roughly chopped
1 large spring onion, roughly chopped
1 carrot, roughly chopped
4 chicken breasts, roughly chunked
Zest and juice of one lime
200g basmati rice
300g spring greens, chopped
120ml Teriyaki marinade sauce

1. Add shallot, spring onion and carrot in the food processor and blitz until finely chopped
2. Add the chicken, lime zest and juice and season, blitz until minced
3. Oil your hands and then form the meat into small balls (I made 32), arrange on baking sheets lined with baking parchment.
4. Bake at 180C for 10-15 minutes. They will be cooked through but not browned.
5. Meanwhile, cook rice in boiling water, adding spring greens for last 4-5 minutes until wilted
6. Pour sauce into a pan, and heat gently. Add meatballs to coat with sauce.
7. Drain rice and divide between plates, top with 8 meatballs each.

I hope your preparations are going well...less than 1 week until the big day!

Love Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...