Hello my friends! I am very excited to be able to share this cushion with you finally, I made it about a month ago but it was a Christmas present for my friend Tori. Well, we exchanged gifts on Wednesday so now I can share it with all of you.
Although she doesn't remember, Tori suggested I make this for her last February, so I set to work!
It is a really simple design, using block primary colours, just like you find in the book. I wanted it to look realistic and be cute and cuddly at the same time. That way it will look good in a room but you can give it a snuggle as well!
I am loving fleece on cushions at the moment, something which you may have picked up on - but I thought it would be perfect for Miffy's fur!
Blue Fabric (plus extra for back)
Black Embroidery Thread
1. Sketch out Miffy, I copied a picture or you could photocopy and enlarge, either way, you want a Miffy template as big as your desired cushion
2. Cut out arms, face and feet from white felt
3. Cut out a square of blue fabric 1/2" bigger than your cushion
e.g. my cushion is 17" so my square was 17 1/2"
4. Cut a dress from red, about 1/4" bigger all round, fold over and press to form a neat hem.
5. Arrange Miffy on the front of your cushion, pin in place and sew round each component to secure
6. Embroider Miffy's eyes and a cross for her mouth.
5. Cut rectangles from your blue fabric to create an envelope back for your cushion, pin right sides together and sew all the way round the cushion
It was a while ago that I made this cushion and I forgot to take thorough pictures so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
I will be taking a couple of weeks off from the Storybook Craft Project for Christmas and exams etc. but please join me again in January for more projects inspired by your favourite storybooks!