Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Thursday 1 November 2012

October Round Up


Here we are again at the beginning of another month! It is now 10 months since I started my 2012 goals and I am pleased that I am making progress!

October's been pretty hectic getting back into University work and life in York - had a couple of 7am library stints to try and get my work done - I have this thing where I really struggle to work after dinner but if I wake up at 6am I can get a couple of hours of reading in before my 9am seminar - I get some strange looks but it works for me!

So...how did I do last month?

1. Learn to crochet and crochet some Christmas Decorations for next year
I joined my university's knitting society and someone taught me how to crochet! I am not great but I managed to produce a granny square. Don't laugh! It was my first attempt!



2. Run 6 miles

3. Read 25  50 books


source



I really enjoyed reading this month. However, the first book seemed to take me ages and I wasn't overly impressed with 'The Thoughts and Happenings of Wilfred Price, Purveyor of Superior Funerals' - even the title is a mouthful! 

Anyway, once I had plodded through that I read 'Fracture' in a day. It was of those books that really grabbed me and I had to read and read to find out what happened. Based around two teenagers, Delaney falls into a frozen a lake and is rescued her friend only to find that she has defied normality be surviving. She is drawn to those around her who are dying... I could not put this down!

After this I read 'Catcher Caught' about a teenager who is obsessed with 'The Catcher in the Rye'. When he is diagnosed with leukaemia, his parents reject chemo in the hope of more wholesome treatments. This was a really interesting book. I really enjoyed it and it was another page turner!

'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' is coming into cinemas with Emma Watson and I wanted to read the book before seeing the film so I downloaded it and read it in less than a week! I really like the style of the book, written in one sided letters and am curious as to how this will translate into a movie.

Finally, I finished 'The Goddess test' last night. This book has been sat on my kindle for ages and I finally got round to reading it. I really enjoyed it! Mixing the real world with that of Greek Mythology, it truly was a page turner and the ending completely got me! You know when you read it, and then it is NOT what you expected at all so you have to go back and read it again! It was like that! Brilliant!
Also so happy having just found out that it is the first in a series...must restrain myself from downloading the others right now!

4. Cook a new recipe every week (52 in the year) including at least 25 from different countries

This has been going well this month now I am back at University!



Australian Damper Bread and Squash soup

Sweet Potato Burgers

Sweet Potato Dahl

Brazilian Panquecas



5. Continue to develop this blog - more posts, series and ideas!

This month saw me following my new blog schedule which is really working! I like sticking to a timetable as it helps me plan my posts and fit in all the work that I have to do! The Storybook Crafts Project is continuing this month and I will also be sharing some Christmas Present Ideas!



I have a lot to look forward to this month with my Birthday this weekend and starting the buildup to Christmas! 
What have you got planned for November?

Love Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...