|Sorry about the pictures! By the time it made it to my plate it did not look great - lets just say it is not the easiest thing to make look sophisticated!|
This week's new meal is from Brazil and I would describe it as Enchiladas with pancakes instead of tortillas, and less spicy. I actually really enjoyed this meal tonight, it didn't take too long to cook, was fairly easy (or is if you have an prowess at pancake cooking - I however, do not!), and it was nice and tasty!
I have split the recipe into its component parts. It looks alot but trust me, it isn't too much effort - you just have to be able to multi-task a bit!!
Speed - ***
Taste - ***
Repeat - Probably!
adapted from maria-brazil.org
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup plain flour
1. Blend all ingredients until smooth - I used an electric whisk.
2. Heat some oil in a pan. Make sure the oil is spread over the whole pan (very important!)
3. Add a couple of large spoons of batter to the pan. Cook as you would pancakes, until slightly browned and then flip!
4. Repeat with all the mixture - I got 2 and bit crepes out of my mix
100g beef mince
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped
1. Heat some oil in a pan and then add onion and garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes until softened
2. Add mince and cook through
1/4 Onion, finely chopped (red would be nice)
1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
1. Soften onions in a little oil over a medium heat
2. Add tomatoes and heat through
Plus Grated Cheese!
1. Divide your beef mixture between your crepes. Wrap up and lay in a Pyrex dish
2. Pour over tomato sauce
3. Top with a generous helping of melted cheese
4. Cook in the oven at 180C until the cheese is well melted, 10-15 minutes
Have a great day