Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Brazilian Panquecas

Sorry about the pictures! By the time it made it to my plate it did not look great - lets just say it is not the easiest thing to make look sophisticated!

This week's new meal is from Brazil and I would describe it as Enchiladas with pancakes instead of tortillas, and less spicy. I actually really enjoyed this meal tonight, it didn't take too long to cook, was fairly easy (or is if you have an prowess at pancake cooking - I however, do not!), and it was nice and tasty!

I have split the recipe into its component parts. It looks alot but trust me, it isn't too much effort - you just have to be able to multi-task a bit!!

Speed - ***
Taste - ***
Repeat - Probably!


Brazilian Panquecas
adapted from maria-brazil.org
serves 1
Crepes
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup plain flour

1. Blend all ingredients until smooth - I used an electric whisk.
2. Heat some oil in a pan. Make sure the oil is spread over the whole pan (very important!) 
3. Add a couple of large spoons of batter to the pan. Cook as you would pancakes, until slightly browned and then flip!
4. Repeat with all the mixture - I got 2 and bit crepes out of my mix

Filling
100g beef mince
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped

1. Heat some oil in a pan and then add onion and garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes until softened
2. Add mince and cook through

Tomato Sauce
1/4 Onion, finely chopped (red would be nice)
1/2 tin chopped tomatoes

1. Soften onions in a little oil over a medium heat
2. Add tomatoes and heat through

Plus Grated Cheese!

Assemble!
1. Divide your beef mixture between your crepes. Wrap up and lay in a Pyrex dish
2. Pour over tomato sauce
3. Top with a generous helping of melted cheese
4. Cook in the oven at 180C until the cheese is well melted, 10-15 minutes

Have a great day

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...