Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Thursday 9 August 2012

Red, White and Blue Tie Dye Scarf

So...remember my tie dye table cloth I made last month? No? Well here it is...link.

This time I tried a smaller scale tie dye project - a red white and blue scarf perfect for my trip to London to support our amazing team GB at the Olympics. 


Modelled by my beautiful Mum :)
Instructions

1. Using an existing scarf as a guide, cut a piece of fabric (I used some of an old sheet) to size and hem all 4 sides neatly
2. Using the instructions on the back of the packet, make up your dye

3. Using elastic bands, tie your fabric as desired, I folded it up concertina-like and then divided it up into 5 segments 
4. Pour dye into squeezy bottles and use to apply dye to fabric


5. Put scarf in a plastic bag and leave for 5 hours

6. Rinse scarf in running water until the water runs clear. Remove elastic bands and rinse again. Wash and dry fabric to set colour

Enjoy the last few days of the Olympics

Love Rebecca



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...