This has always been one of my favourite meals - a British classic made up of Sausages and Yorkshire pudding - don't forget the onion gravy - the essential accompaniment.
Mini Toad in the Holes
adapted from Jamie Oliver's 'Happy Days with the Naked Chef'
80g plain flour
3 chipolata sausages, halved
1. Pour a small amount of vegetable oil into 6 parts of a muffin tin
2. Put in an oven heated at full blast (240C)
3. Beat together milk, flour and eggs until smooth
4.After 10-15 minutes, when the oil is hot, open the oven, and pour batter into each tin section until 3/4 full. Add half a sausage to each pudding and shut oven. DO NOT OPEN it again until the toad in the holes have risen, golden and crisp (about 15-20 minutes)
1 red onion, finely chopped
400ml vegetable stock
Bisto Gravy Granules
1. Fry off red onion until softened
2. Add stock and cook for 10-15 minutes
3. Stir in gravy granules until gravy is thickened to your taste