Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Saturday 2 June 2012

May Round-up

Its June. Finally. May - a  month of revision and exams is over. June - first summery month, freedom and creativity are the order of the month! Looking forward to it!
 
1. Learn to crochet and crochet some Christmas Decorations for next year
Still no. This goal has been relegated to Summer...I promise!

2. Run 6 miles
With exams and revision I haven't been doing long runs this month although I have kept up with running three times a week pretty consistently which is good! I am looking forward to getting into longer runs this month now that I have time to enjoy it!

3. Read 25 books
 
source
  This is going really well! I have read 22 books so far this year (6 last month)! I am going to have to amend my target of 25 books in a year because there is no way I won't reach that target now! I think that I may now attempt 50 this year! I am loving reading so much, I just can't get enough of it! 
I really got into the Uglies Quartet last month which is set in a world where everyone is Ugly until their 16 when they undergo an operation to make them 'pretty'...but this operation does more than just cosmetic alterations!
I also really enjoyed Shane Dunphy's 'The Girl Who Couldn't Smile' - I would describe him as a male, Irish Torey Hayden and I loved all of her books so I may have to find a few more of his to read! As a Psychology student and aspiring teacher I find these books really interesting following a teacher in a setting catering for children with additional needs.


4. Cook a new recipe every week (52 in the year) including at least 25 from different countries
 
I shared 7 recipes last month. Kept up with my one new recipe a week and cooked 4 from different countries; Caribbean, Ireland, Wales and Chile. 
 

Chilean Empanadas

Sausage Tart
Fruit Pizza
Glamorgan Sausages
Parsnip Soup and Soda Bread
Sunshine Bars
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cookies and Cream Popcorn

 
 5. Continue to develop this blog - more posts, series and ideas!
I shared 16 posts in May including my first guest post, my 100th post and my first printable! I have so many projects planned and  a couple of blog series up my sleeve now that exams are over so I am excited to get started!
 
 
100th Post
Hope June is a great month for you all!
 
Love Rebecca

3 comments:

  1. How did you manage to read 6 books and revise? I'm in awe! Thank you so much for guest posting. If you want any help with projects, just let me know.

    Rosie. Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. I love the fruit pizza! Hungry now... Hope you have a great long weekend! Great weekend to be British!

    Following you, looking forward to future posts :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...