Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Monday 20 February 2012

Spanish Chicken Stew



Week 8 of my 'new recipe every week challenge' and this week I decided to try a Spanish style recipe! This was a really yummy recipe that was had that warming feeling, perfect for a cold day! If I made it again I think I would add some more chilli because although I don't like spicy food, I could have stood a bit more heat!

Time - ** (Takes about 50 minutes)
Taste - ****
Repeat - Yes :)

Spanish Chicken Stew (Adapted from Good food channel)
serves 1
  • 1 chicken thigh
  •  6 slices chorizo, diced
  • 1/3 large onion, sliced
  •  1 clove garlic, sliced
  • 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 a 400g tin tomatoes
  • 1 small cinnamon stick
  • 1/2 teaspoon chopped red chilli
  • 60g basmati rice
1. Fry the chicken thigh in a little oil for 5 minutes until browned. Put aside.
2. In the same pan, fry chorizo, onion, garlic and pepper for 7 minutes until softened
3. Nestle the thigh in amongst the vegetables, pour over the tinned tomatoes, scatter with the chilli and add the cinnamon stick
4. Cook on a low heat for 40 minutes (stew should be simmering)
5. With 15 minutes to go, cook the rice until tender
6. Serve the rice on the plate with the chicken thigh and vegetables on top

optional to serve - sour cream with lemon zest stirred through (I didn't have this when I made it, but borrowed from another recipe and am sure that it would taste yummy!)


The chicken is in there I promise - it got buried under all that yummy vegetable goodness!

Love Rebecca

Linking to...
Rae Gun Ramblings
Sew Much Ado
Bell Miracle
Fireflies and Jellybeans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...