Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Fabric Tidy Trays

I found the tutorial for these tidy trays on chick pea studio and was intrigued. They look so effective I just had to give it a go. I have since made three trays and am very pleased with the results! They are so easy and take under an hour to make. I used 9" squares for the regular trays and 6" for my mini tray! These do need a thicker fabric, the tutorial recommends tea towels but I still have plenty of the Laura Ashley furnishing fabric so I just used some of that.
I filled the stripey one with chocolate for my Great Aunt's Christmas present!

I also made some out of the London map fabric for my Brother and his girlfriend's Christmas present.


It was the first time I had got my sewing machine out in a while what withe essays and lectures and I was able to use my Christmas presents! This pin cushion is so cute I almost felt bad about sticking pins in it! Hopefully this will keep my pins off the floor and organize my space a bit more when I am sewing.



Love Rebecca

Naptime Crafters
The Grant Life
Family ever after

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word this is so awesome! I actually just bought one of these for around $20 it had a couple kitchen towels in it too... now I think I definitely need to make these for Christmas this year. Thanks so much for sharing! Love your blog and I am your newest follower xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...