Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Melting Snowmen



So, using some of the sugar cookie dough left over from the Harry Potter cookies, I made melting snowmen inspired by these on Truly Custom Bakery.  I found them about a month ago and knew I had to try them but its taken me this long to get around to it!
A few words of advice and ways I deviated from the method suggested on the original recipe.

1. I made a thick white icing for the snow (Simply icing sugar and water mixed together until I got the right consistency)

2. The marshmallows - such issues were had here! It takes about 5-6 seconds in the microwave for the marshmallow to be the right consistency. Any more (literally half a second more seems to be too much!) and it is unusable gloop! This was slightly more of an issue in that I could only buy a pack of marshmallows that contained pink and white marshmallows - and I obviously couldn't have a pink snowman! So, I recommend one marshmallow at a time, microwave for 5 seconds to try it and see how it works - it will depend on the strength of your microwave.

3. I used writing icing for the details which worked well and gave me a lot more control for the features.






















Despite the marshmallow issues I am really pleased with the results! I even wrapped up a couple to give as presents - after all who wouldn't want a melted snowman for Christmas!




Love Rebecca

Linked in the Christmas Cookie Exchange @ The Grant Life 
Linked up @ Positively Splendid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...