Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Monday 19 December 2011

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Sugar Cookie Characters

Now that I am home for Christmas, we have resumed our Harry Potter marathon and tonight we watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. This is my favourite book of the series and I love the film as well.
Of course, we had to have a sweet treat to accompany the film. Inspired by these amazing cookies on Diamonds for Dessert I asked my parents which characters they would like to eat. This became tactical - Dad likes the icing so wanted a character that would have lots - Hagrid. Mum doesn't like the icing so was going to go for someone bald (Voldermort) until she realised that I was going to use chocolate for the hair. Ever a fan of white chocolate she requested Luna Lovegood which left me with the dilemma of who to eat. Of course some one had to do Harry so I had my three - Rubeus Hagrid, Luna Lovegood and Harry Potter!
Recipes

I used a sugar cookie recipe from my Mum's cooking book that looks more like a potion book now after many years of use!
Hagrid
Luna Lovegood (and her radish earrings)




















Harry Potter

Character Cookies

NB. this made enough for three characters as well as 24 other smallish cookies


3/4 cup Butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder

1. Cream the butter and sugar
2. Add eggs and vanilla
3. Mix in flour and baking powder until the mixture combines to form a dough
4. Flour a board and rolling pin to roll out the dough and cut to your desired shapes
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 200C

Decorating

Icing sugar
Water
Red food colouring
White/dark chocolate
Writing Icing

1. Mix together some pink icing (water + icing sugar + red food colouring) and cover the faces. Chill to set.
2. For Hagrid grate dark chocolate and use a layer of white icing (icing sugar + water) to stick it on, for Harry and Luna melt the appropriate coloured chocolate and spread over the hair. Chill to set
3. Use writing icing to draw on the features (eyes/mouth etc.)
4. Enjoy!






Love Rebecca

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...