Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Sunday 20 November 2011

Mince Pies and feeling festive

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
 So its ... days until Christmas and I have officially began work on Christmas presents! Of course none of them will feature here until after Christmas! Can't ruin the surprise! Anyway, its making feel very festive so I thought I'd share some festive photos from last year!
Christmas Tree
Gingerbread House



















Today I made the first batch of mince pies of the year! It is a very simple recipe that I thought I'd share in case anyone else is starting to feel festive!

Ingredients
170g butter (at room temperature)
330g Self-raising Flour
3/4 Jar Mincemeat
Sugar for sprinkling



1. Add butter to flour in smallish pieces. Rub together until you have a powdery consistency (this takes a while and makes your hands ache a bit but its worth it)


















  2. Add a splash of milk or water until becomes a roll-able consistency

3. Roll out to the thickness of a pound coin. Using a circle cutter, cut 24 circles from the dough. Put 12 into a mince pie tray.

4. Add about a teaspoon of mincemeat to each base (depending on how deep your tray is)

5. Brush water round the edges of the other 12 circles and then top the mince pies. Use a fork to crimp the edges and poke a hole in the top (I'm not sure whether this is strictly necessary but I usually do it anyway!) Sprinkle with sugar

7. Bake in oven at 180C for about 20 minutes!















9. Enjoy :)



Love Rebecca

Linked up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...