Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Friday 16 September 2011

Glee Cushion

I am just going to dive right in with my first post! I don't know about you but I LOVE Glee - borderline obsessed with it in fact - I have 8 hours worth of Glee music on my ipod and never miss an episode. So in honour of Season 3 beginning on Sky1 next week I designed a Warblers cushion.

I based it on the front cover of 'Glee: The Music presents The Warblers'.

I used a Jacket I bought at a charity shop for £4.50 and a 40p bundle of red ribbon, I am delighted with the result. The ribbon was used to add the red trim around the jacket. I also used it to make the tie because no matter how hard I tried I could not find a red and navy tie - instead I used fabric from the jacket sleeves with the ribbon on top for stripes.



The badge proved slightly problematic. Originally I thought I could use iron on transfer paper to make the logo but this idea didn't quite pan out - it did however work enough to give me a basic template on the fabric. From here I used acrylic paints to paint in the red and black sharpies to neaten up the edges


And I couldn't forget the Pavarotti badge!

 So there you have it - a very Glee cushion!



Love Rebecca

Linked to sundae scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Linked to Financial Friday link up @ The Grant Life
Linked to Saturday Sevens @ Positively Splendid

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Visiting from Sundae scoop. So.. stinking ... cute! I love how your cushion turned out. I heart glee too.. just not able to watch it as much as I would like.

    I would love for you to share this at my Friday link party going on now.. and enter my Tiny Prints giveaway for 50 free photo cards! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...