Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Wednesday 3 April 2013

CookBook Challenge April Update

Another month has gone and I am making good progress with my Cookbook Challenge. Having cooked over a quarter of the recipes in Lorraine Pascale's 'Home Cooking Made Easy', it is fast becoming one of my favourite recipe books. 

Here is what I have been cooking over the last month...


Speed: ** - roasting the squash takes some forward planning but it is fairly low effort
Taste: Delicious! Lorraine says that this is the recipe that converted her from a model to a chef. I must admit I was sceptical that a soup could do this, but this soup is heavenly! Its is seriously delicious and I cannot wait to make it again!
Repeat? Absolutely


Speed: Takes 6 hours! But 100% worth it and fairly low effort
Taste: Delicious - I love how cooking the meat for this long makes it literally just fall apart - no need for carving this meat - it just falls apart
Repeat? Yes - the only change I would make would be to add parsnips to the vegetables



Speed: ***
Taste: Delicious chocolatey taste, dense cake but light at the same time - my first flour free cake and I really enjoyed it!
Repeat? Yes 



Speed: *** This had a lot of components but it was fairly easy to make
Taste: Absolutely delicious! The mustard mash is perfect with the the apples and caramelised onions and rosemary pork - a delicious autumnal meal
Repeat? Yes



Speed: ***
Taste: Delicious - the combination of the lamb and herbs was divine - these are very flavoursome burgers. The buns were delicious too although they did not turn out floury and soft like the recipe, instead they were crusty - I am going to try the recipe again in my oven at home and see if they are softer!
Repeat? Yes



Speed: ** - Rising time
Taste: This was a yummy crusty bread that looks impressive due to its shape
Repeat? Probably


Have a great week

Love Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. Your posts always make my hungry! Everything looks fab! I want to make every single thing!!

    xoxo
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely considering getting this book as all the recipes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...