Last week's new recipe of the week was this winter warming chilli! It was simple to make and delicious to eat! I really enjoyed this meal - it is perfect for a cold winters day!
I would do the potato wedges first, get them in the oven and then start the chilli - then it will be ready in line with the wedges! This my first time cooking with chocolate in a savoury dish as well - you cannot taste the chocolate - don't panic - I think it is supposed to deepen the flavour of the chilli!
Taste - ****
Speed - **
Repeat - Yes!
Vegetarian Chilli with Potato Wedges
adapted from bbcgoodfood.com
2 medium baking potatoes
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1-2 tsp cajun seasoning (depending on your taste)
1 can mixed beans
1/2 can tinned tomatoes
75ml vegetable stock
1/2 tblsp dark chocolate
Sour Cream to serve
1. Leave potatoes unpeeled. Simply cut unto 8 wedges. Toss in a little oil and bake in a 200C oven for 40 minutes, turning halfway
2. Meanwhile, fry onion and pepper in a little oil for 5 minutes
3. Add cajun seasoning, mixed beans, tinned tomatoes and stock
4. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until wedges are ready
5. Take off the heat and stir in chocolate until melted
6. Serve chilli in bowls with a spoon of sour cream on top and wedges on the side
What is your favourite comfort food on a cold day?