Have you started your Christmas presents? That is precisely what I am spending my afternoon doing. I have Christmas buns in the oven, Christmas music on my ipod and cheesy Christmas films ready to watch on my Skygo. A perfect afternoon to get on with some sewing and Christmas shopping online!
Last week I made this cushion for my housemate's mum. It was so easy and I was so pleased with the result that I thought I would share! It is adaptable to any animal/shape you wish to make a truly personal present this Christmas.
Blue embroidery thread
1. Find a silhouette/outline of the shape you want on you cushion and trace it on to your bondaweb
2. Cut a square of floral fabric the same size as your cushion (mine was 14 x 14")
3. Following the instructions on the bondaweb, attach it to the back of the tartan fabric, peel off and affix to the centre of you floral square
4. Using blanket stitch, sew all the way round your shape
5. Cut 2 rectangles 14 x 9" out of the floral fabric. Hem one long edge on each.
6. Line each rectangle up with an opposite edge of the square piece, right sides together pin and sew all the way round to create an envelope back
7. Turn right side out and stuff with your cushion
And that is it! It is really that easy to create this effective, personalised cushion.
I hope your Sunday afternoon is as pleasant as mine!