|This may look a bit like a sloppy mess but trust me...it is very yummy!|
Hello all! Hope you are having a good week so far! Mine has been very tiring but a lot of things are slotting into place and I understand what I am doing this year so much more! Just one more seminar tomorrow, a couple of days to do a heap of reading and then I get to see my parents at the weekend for the first time in a month! Happy Days!
Anyway, this week's new recipe is quick, very easy and really yummy - a win win really!
I made the whole recipe and it made one main meal and two lunches perfectly.
Speed - **** (ready in 25 mins)
Taste - **** (very flavoursome and yummy!)
Repeat - Yes! I would, I liked the ease of the recipe and the taste as well!
Sweet Potato Dahl
adapted from bbcgoodfood.com
450ml Vegetable stock
1 small onion, finely chopped
4 cherry tomatoes, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
dash of sweet chilli sauce
1 medium sweet potato
3 handfuls baby spinach
2 naan bread to serve
1. Put lentils, stock, onion, cherry tomatoes and spices into a pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes
2. Peel and shop the sweet potato into small chunks
3. Add sweet potato to pan and cook for 12 minutes until tender
4. Meanwhile, warm naan bread in a low temperature oven
5. Stir in the spinach and cook for a minute or two more until the spinach has wilted
6. Serve with the naan bread
Have you tried any super speedy meals perfect for midweek cooking recently?