Happy Monday Everybody!
Today I am going to share with you a tutorial for a cheap and easy canopy to go over the head of a bed making a real feature of the bed in the room. This is perfect for any Princess (or me!)
You don't need much to make this... some fabric - the exact amount will depend on how high you place your canopy support - make sure it is 2 1/2 times the distance of the support from the bed - I used voile type white, semi-see through fabric I managed to pick up in a bargain bin for £1!
The support is the ingenious bit (not that I can take credit for this idea - thanks Mum!) - It is a kitchen roll holder - the wooden kind you can pick up for a couple of pounds anywhere that sells kitchen equipment!
Apologies if the instructions seem a bit sketchy - I have had this in my room for a few years and I got my Dad to put it up for me! Basically - you want to attach the kitchen roll holder to the wall and lay the fabric across it!
|Could be Pinocchio...don't you think?|
Kitchen Roll Holder
2 x screws
1. You can paint your kitchen roll holder to fit in with you room - mine was already cream so I left it
2. Drill 2 holes in the base of the holder, opposite each other
3. Measure half way across your bed and up from here - mine is about 150cm above my bed - mark with a pencil. Hold the kitchen roll holder over this spot and mark where the holes you drilled are
4. Drill small holes into the wall where marked.
5. Screw the kitchen roll holder into the wall
6. Arrange fabric as you wish.
And that is it! Finished! I would love to know if you give this a go!
Have a great week!