Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Castle Howard

This weekend my parents came up to visit! We had a really good time going out for a meal on Sunday night and spending the day at Castle Howard on Monday.
It is the beautiful house where they filmed Brideshead Revisited! We went inside the house and then spent a few hours wondering round the grounds which was great (especially when the sun decided to make an appearance). My Dad and I had fun experimenting with some photography and here are some of my favourite pictures...

Castle Howard
Atlas Fountain


Statue at the Temple of the Four Winds

If you are ever in Yorkshire I would recommend a visit to Castle Howard! 

I hope you had a great long weekend!

Love Rebecca

Linking to...
Rae Gun Ramblings
Sew Much Ado

5 comments:

  1. I was there! Castle Howard, out in the middle of nowhere, it seemed, was an amazing place. Our pianist daughter even got to play the piano in the hall! I am so glad you posted a good photo, for my photos of the place were with a less-than-stellar camera. :-((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is so cool that your daughter got to play the piano! I know what you mean - the epically long driveway makes it seem so far away from anywhere - that and the sprawling countryside all around! Thanks for your comment about the photos :)

      Delete
  2. Wow...beautiful photos! Definitely makes me want to travel! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Enjoyed visiting yours today! Holli @ fullhandsfullheartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Castle Howard is a really beautiful place to visit!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, how beautiful!!! I definitely want to go visit there!!!! Love love!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...