Thanks for stopping by for week 3 of my Olympic countdown. I am excited to share with you a tutorial and printable for my Olympic inspired t-shirt. Whatever country you support, this t-shirt will be perfect in July!
The top is decorated using a freezer paper stencil and I have included the template as a google doc - its the first time I have done this so please let me know if you are having problems accessing it and I will have a look!
1 black t-shirt/vest top
1 pot of Dylon gold fabric paint
1. Download and print template
2. Trace the flag and words onto freezer paper. You need to draw round anything on the picture that is in black - make sure that you are drawing on the non-waxy side
|This is what your stencil should look like when you have cut out the correct shapes|
3. Using your exacto knife, carefully cut out the shapes for the flag and words, make sure you save the middle circle from the 0 - you will need this later.
4. Lay the t-shirt on a flat surface and put a piece of cardboard in the middle to stop the paint seeping through to the back.
5. Lay the freezer paper in place on the front of the t-shirt and iron on ensuring that the template is secure. When you do this, you are melting the wax on the other side to stick it on (don't worry, it will peel off easily at the end!)
7. Using a sponge or sponge brush, apply paint all over logo in an even layer
8. Leave to dry and repeat for another layer
9. I usually do 3 layers of paint but find that metallic paint has great coverage! When you are happy peel off the freezer paper.
10. Follow instructions on the paint to seal the paint in place before you wash it
If you have any questions feel free to ask! I love hearing from you guys!
Six Sisters Stuff
Making the World Cuter
DIY Home Sweet Home
Rae Gun Ramblings
Sew Much Ado
Fireflies and Jellybeans
The Grant Life