Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Friday, 27 April 2012

Olympic Countdown - 13 weeks to go - Friendship Bracelets


A few weeks ago I shared  my friendship bracelet tutorial showing you how to make basic friendship bracelets. Today I am sharing some Olympic inspired colour combinations that are perfect for showing your support for London 2012 or your county's athletes!

1. Great Britain 

I used two strands of each colour to get this extra thick stripe

Colours - red, blue and white




2. Great Britain Team Kit

This kit was released a couple of weeks ago and there was a lot of criticism in the media that it was too blue - I quite like it and the colours look great round my wrist!

Colours - navy blue, white blue, turquoise, white

source


3. Usain Bolt

My favourite sprinter and the athlete I will be supporting in the 100m final!
I usually finish my bracelets off with a plait - I think it makes it look neater and is useful for tying round your wrist!

Colours - black, green, yellow

source

4. London 2012 Mascots - Wenlock and Mandeville

This bracelet is made as two, one for each mascot and then tied together.

Colours
Bracelet one - one thread each white and orange
Bracelet two - one thread each white and blue

Make the bracelets the same size and then tie the ends together to create one paired bracelet

source

5. Olympic Rings - the universal symbol of the Olympics!

Colours - black, blue, yellow, green, red




Have a great weekend!

Love Rebecca

Do you like what you see? I am now selling made to order Friendship Bracelets - drop me an email if your interested and we can talk colours! [heronscrafts (at) hotmail (dot) com]

Linking to...
Naptime Crafters
The Grant Life
Six Sisters Stuff 
Craftbotic
Family Ever After 
Positively Splendid 
Making the World Cuter
Rae Gun Ramblings
Sew Much Ado
Fireflies and Jellybeans
A Creative Princess

3 comments:

  1. I love making these! Would you possibly link them up to my festival fever link party?

    Pretty please? My week did get better, but thanks for the nice message!

    Rosie x
    Craftbotics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such a fun idea!! Thanks for being a part of our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope to see you again real soon!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be the 8th summer Olympics I've attended and I can tell you that the Olympic Rings bracelet would sell a ton. I'd take six, in fact. Name your price. -mark.overbaugh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...