Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Tuesday 17 April 2012

New Camera and a visit to Goodrich Castle

A couple of weeks ago I bought a new camera! I have had my old Fujifilm Finepix S700 for about 5 years and have had so much use out of it; it has been to 16 countries and taken thousands of photos!
However, recently I have been wanted to take photos that the camera just isn't capable of!

So... my new camera is a Panasonic Lumix G2! And...to go with it I have inherited three Olympus lenses that my Dad used to use with his old SLR camera. All I needed was a £30 adaptor and now I can use them with my Lumix camera!
Camera and inherited lenses!
On Sunday, we took a trip to Goodrich Castle, the perfect backdrop for me to experiment with my camera! It is my first manual camera with interchangeable lenses so I am learning as I go!
Castles are one of my favourite things about living in England and Goodrich is a great castle to visit! It is well preserved but still looks as rugged as one would expect given that it suffered heavy bombardment during the 16th Century civil war. Building began in the 12th Century and its amazing to wander round what is left of this amazing structure 900 years later!
Here are some of my favourites pictures...



 Playing with black and white filter...


 One thing I love about castles is the abundance of natural frames provided for photos...











 The contrast between the blue sky and yellow rape seed was beautiful...













 This is a stained glass window inserted in the chapel of Goodrich Castle to mark the new millennium...



Love Rebecca

Linking to...
Rae Gun Ramblings
Sew Much Ado 
Six Sisters
Family Ever After
Naptime Crafters

1 comment:

  1. I wish my photo taking skills were half as good as yours. The subject of your photos was impressive. We don't have any castle ruins here in Sydney (that I know of)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...