Home     About me     Recipes      Tutorials      Projects     Link Parties      Recipes From Around The World

Monday 17 December 2012

Where is the Love?


I have been staring at this screen for the last half an hour trying to write this post.
Waking up on Saturday morning to the news of the devastating shooting in Connecticut really shook me. I run a Rainbows unit of young girls aged 5 and 6, and it is horrendous to think that children of their age were victims in this shooting. I cannot begin to comprehend what the families of the children and teachers of Sandy Hook must be going through right now, and all I can say is that they are in my thoughts, as I am sure they are in the thoughts of many people around the world.

When something horrific like this happens in the world, it can be hard to comprehend, to understand how a human being could be capable of such a thing. What kind of a world do we live in where this could happen?
I had to remind myself that there is so much love in the world, that the hate or anger that motivates attacks like this is rare in comparison to the love that can be seen - this is a collection of photos that do a little bit to restore our faith in humanity. And this also reminds me of the opening sequence of 'Love Actually', which remind us that Love Actually is all around.



 I would like to offer my sincerest condolences to those affected by this tragedy, and I know that the community in Newtown will rally together to support each other in this difficult time.

Love Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Heron's Crafts! I love receiving your comments - and try to answer to all comments received by email! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...